[OpenLayers-Users] Sizing background images and StyleMaps

Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock nicholasbs at openplans.org
Thu Feb 26 12:16:05 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm pretty new to OpenLayers and I have a couple of questions.

1) How can I set the size of a background graphic? I'm doing something similar
to the marker shadow example here[1]. I guessed and used
graphicWidth/graphicHeight to set the size of my marker image (which works),
but neither backgroundGraphicWidth nor backgroundWidth seem to have any effect
on my shadow image. What's the correct way to do this?

2) Is there a place to look up all of the options for an OpenLayers.StyleMap
object?

Thanks in advance for any help,
  -Nick

[1] http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/marker-shadow.html