[OpenLayers-Users] bounds of an overlaylayer

runningcodez sumith.paul at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 07:03:44 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a base googlemap layer over which i have 1 overlay.The overlay layer
has its own bound values
given by my geoserver.my requirement is  to get the the bound values of the
overlay layer and zoom to that bounds,along with the base google layer,on a
buton click.Could anybody guide me as to how would i fetch the original
bounds generated by the geoserver...My code is is as follows..
thanx in advance

   function setupMapsOnload(){

            var options = {
                projection: "EPSG:900913",
                maxResolution: 156543.0339,
                maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508, -20037508,
20037508, 20037508.34),
                controls:[]
            };
            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);

            gooPHY = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google(
                        "GoogleMap" ,
                        {
                            type: G_PHYSICAL_MAP,