[OpenLayers-Users] OL on Hand-held's - RAM demands?

Arnie Shore ashore3 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 5 11:30:08 EST 2009

Folks, I'm beginning to think about developing a version of my
(currently) GMaps-based application for use on a hand-held device, type
yet-TBD, but Blackberry's are candidates.

I wonder if anyone here can speak to any specific experience here, esp
re OL's RAM demands.  Seems quite a bit, frankly, given the API and
images to be handled. (Not a pblm in desktops or notebooks, but
handhelds?)  Overwhelming?  Any special considerations?  (Fyi, I've
seen:
http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/products/spatial/pdf/osuc2007_presentations/gita07200b_eSpatial.pdf
- excellent!)

Thanks, all.