[OpenLayers-Users] Recommendations for Map data?

AJ R ajayr.email at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 15:29:55 EST 2009

Hi Arnie

One possible open source solution is Open street Map. This provide
almost google like results, and has the advantage of exporting data in
couple of different formats, one of them being OSM which can then be
converted into shapefiles that you can render offline using  a server
like geoserver. Of course it depends on the location and how well the
location has been mapped by Open Street Maps since the data collection
is mostly a volunteer effort.

Regards

Ajay Ravichandran