[OpenLayers-Users] Layer.Vector with multiple data sources

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jan 8 10:52:24 EST 2009

Hi devs,

  I want to discuss about a new feature on Layer.Vector : multiple data
sources depending on the zoom level.

  I already developped something very similar :
http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html  At zoom level 0 to 3, you
will see vector polygons ( regions ).  Each level comes from a different
source that has been normalized to improve the rendering speed.  So,
each zoom level has its own vector layer and they are all hidden from
the layer switcher.  They are controlled by a dummy layer.

  At first, I thought this was cool, but now that I think about it, a
single type of data, the Quebec regions on my example, should be
displayed on a single layer.  If I want to interact with my data the way
it is now, I need to look at 4 different layers and keep track of a
dummy layer also.  A single vector layer with the possibility to give it
multiple data sources depending on the zoom level would be much better.
What do you think ?  It could be a nice upgrade.

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears