[OpenLayers-Users] IE strategies

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Jan 9 09:01:07 EST 2009

> You are probably referring to
> http://n2.nabble.com/bbox-strategy-and-zooming-td1836240.html#a20489423

Yep.

> New features will only be fetched if you zoom out, not if you zoom in. I
> had forgotten about this thread in my previous reply, sorry for the
> confusion.

I realized that indeed.

> You can make the BBOX strategy aggressive by instantiating your BBOX
> strategy like this:
>
> new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(invalidBounds: function(){return true;});

This gives a syntax error.  I replaced ":" with "=" and it works
syntaxically but that's it.  I understand you want me to force the
invalidBounds function to return true by overloading it, but it doesn't
seem to work.  Looking in BBOX.js, there is this :

/**
     * Method: update
     * Callback function called on "moveend" or "refresh" layer events.
     *
     * Parameters:
     * options - {Object} An object with a property named "force", this
     *      property references a boolean value indicating if new data
     *      must be incondtionally read.

I don't know how to set that property to true in the code.  I tried
<new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX({force: true}) but this would be an option
of the strategy, not the update member.  What am I doing wrong ?

TIA,

Yves