[OpenLayers-Users] Map Labeling

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Jan 9 14:08:17 EST 2009

Hey-

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 04:27:48PM -0700, Bill Thoen wrote:
>> I have a vector layer of points with associated attributes and I want to
>> use one of those attributes as a label for the points. I thought this
>> would be simple, but it's proving to be elusive. Can someone here
>> explain how to do this in OpenLayers 2.7?
>
> This is not possible in OpenLayers.

Yes, this is not functionality provided in OpenLayers 2.7.  However, it
is an enhancement that is entirely within reach.  Features like this are
typically contributed by developers who are paid to make specific
contributions (or by those that find themselves with unexpected free
time that coincides with unseasonably bad weather).

Tim

--
Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org