[OpenLayers-Users] All marker offsets are wrong when using features

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:27:24 EST 2009

		var style = new OpenLayers.Style({
			externalGraphic: "images/openlayers/AQUA.png",
			pointRadius: 9,
			graphicYOffset : -15
		});
		poi = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("poi", {
			strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX({ratio: 1.1})],
			protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
				url: "/poi.cfm",
				params: { scale: map.getScale() }, // this is static
				format: new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON()
			}),
			styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap(style)
		});

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Deluded <rich at deluded.co.uk> wrote:

> zspitzer wrote:
>>
>> i've hit this one as well, playing around with styles after reading
>> through
>> some of the api code,
>>
>> i did this which seem to help offset the bottom of the marker directly
>> on the point
>>
>> var style = new OpenLayers.Style({
>>  externalGraphic: "images/openlayers/AQUA.png",
>>                       pointRadius: 9,
>>                       graphicYOffset : -15
>> });

> Sorry to be thick, but what do I apply this style object to?
>
> I've tried feature.style = style; but doesn't do anything.
> The docs reference the new styles layer - but this seems a bit excesive to
> simply move an icon a few pixels.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich.

Zac Spitzer -