[OpenLayers-Users] how to set up proxy host?

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Jan 14 15:05:54 EST 2009

Hey-

Xiaoyu Guan wrote:
> Dear all:
> I have two server, Apache, and Tomcat, they are running at same server.
> Geoserver is running on Tomcat, TileCache running on Apache. for
> example, apache using port 2008, Tomcat using port 2009
> When I use getFeatureinfo, I have error :uri deny.  I try to solve the
> problem by using proxy.cgi, but I have no idea about cgi configuration.
> First at all, is it possible for me to solve this question by using cgi?
> Another question is, shall I using mod_jk of apache, which means
> intergrate Tomcat and Apache together

One option is to proxy GeoServer with Apache.

http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/How+to+proxy+Jetty+through+Apache+on+port+80

Though the title references Jetty, it is relevant to setting up a proxy
to any domain:port.

Basically, you want /geoserver (or other path) on the same origin as
your application (or page.html).  Same origin means same protocol (e.g.
http), same domain (e.g. example.com), and same port (e.g. 80).

Tim

> Thanks in advace
>
> All the best
>
> Xiaoyu