[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with selectControl after upgrading from OL 2.6 to 2.7

Zer zer_matt at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:43:54 EST 2009

Dear List,

In OL 2.6 this code worked just fine. After upgrading to OL 2.7 I have some
problems:

1. When loading the page, I get an error (‘selectControl.handler is null’)
on this row ‘selectControl.handler.stopDown = false;’, so I tried to removed
the lines…
2. Now the ‘onSelect’ never gets called. However, if I remove the
activate-function, the onSelect gets called. But I need to do something
every time the control is activated. Does anyone know what the problem could
be?

Thanks,

var selectOptions =
	{
	    hover :false,
	    toggle :true,
	    multiple :true,
	    activate : function()
	    {
		    OpenLayers.Control.prototype.activate.apply(this, arguments);
		    //here I call a function to do some initiation;
	    },
	    deactivate : function()
	    {
		    OpenLayers.Control.prototype.deactivate.apply(this,arguments);
	    },
	    onSelect : function(feature)
	    {
		    // here I call a function
	    },
	    onUnselect : function(feature)
	    {
		    // here I call a function
	    }
	};
var selectControl = new
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(wfsTeLayer,selectOptions);
map.addControl(selectControl);
selectControl.handler.stopDown = false;
selectControl.handler.stopUp = false;