[OpenLayers-Users] Print / Saving Image

Gissur Þórhallsson gissur at loftmyndir.is
Fri Jan 16 09:37:12 EST 2009

Hi guys,
I've successfully gotten those nice snippets from
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Printing working, except that if I pan, it's
like the image stays in the same (incorrect) place, but the layers are
rendered correctly.

I zoom in somewhere and print, and everything is fine:
http://geoserver.loftmyndir.is/kortasja/print/TEMP_DIR/01e6825ce67e37ec2cc19a63bc73ed50.jpg

then I pan half a screen the east and print again, getting this:
http://geoserver.loftmyndir.is/kortasja/print/TEMP_DIR/584d8b8811bdae386a2d01a716eb1102.jpg

The view I was looking at when I printed the latter image was nothing like
what I printed out.

Anybody have any ideas?

ps. I also ran into some empty tiles problems in the printing, but I
implemented a simple retryx3 on fail mechanism that worked wonders, should I
add that to the wiki?

Kind regards,
Gissur