[OpenLayers-Users] How to get WPServer to work behind Tomcat/Jython

Ming Ya Jiang myjiang at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 22:24:08 EST 2009

Chris and Forum,

Sorry about intrusion on to this forum,  but I was unable to find a specific
forum on WPServer/FeatureServer, and I find this forum to be tangentially related.

I am looking at your wonderful WPServer to achieve the goal of doing some basic
processing of geojson features like buffering and intersection.

I need to get WPserver to work behind tomcat /Jython.   I saw a older blog of yours
(technical ramblings) that talked about Jython and featureserver that talked about
that it is relatively easy to achieve this.

I was able to install Jython, and got basic Python servlet example working, so I know
that my Jython and servlet installation is working with tomcat.

I also was able to get wpsdemo to work behind tomcat, so I know that my python
and GDAL installation is working.

Now the question is how do I get it to run in tomcat, perhaps there is a simple
handler python script that need to be built ?

Being a complete novice in Python/Jython, I'd like to get some quick pointers on how to do that.

Thanks.

Dukie.

Raleigh, NC