[OpenLayers-Users] Implementing OpenLayers in JavaScript object: scope issues

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Thu Jan 22 13:15:42 EST 2009

OK, I got it working, by sheer luck of twiddling (though I've been doing that
for a while now). I changed two things and moved it all to a function. I
think the key to it was ensuring that the function was called after the
creation of the vector layer.

    MyProject.Mapping.drawTools = {    // here
        toolDrawPolygon: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(
            MyProject.Mapping.layerVector,    // here
            OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon,
            {
                featureAdded: function() { alert('Polygon drawn'); },
                handlerOptions: {
                    createFeature: function() {
                        MyProject.Mapping.layerVector.destroyFeatures();

OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon.prototype.createFeature.apply(this, arguments);
        )
    };