[OpenLayers-Users] Thematic map and legend

Mauro Bianchi bianchimro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 04:07:51 EST 2009

Dear list,

here is the question:
I'd like to have a thematic map in Openlayers, e.g. a map where the
style of features is based on a classification of some attribute.

For doing this it would be necessary to define a mapping between the
attribute value and desired classes (1 class -> 1 attribute value
range), and associate a color palette to classes (1 class -> 1 color)
Moreover, it would be nice to have a legend showing the meaning of
colors in terms of the original attribute value.

Anyone has some experience related to this with OpenLayers? Is anyone
interested in helping me with developement?
I think this kind of feature would be very useful.

Thanks for your time and help
Mauro

--
Mauro Bianchi