[OpenLayers-Users] "Lower" Overlays Not Showing When Map Is ZoomedOut

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Sat Jan 24 17:55:32 EST 2009

Hi,

I use this image layers options, when I add an image layer as overlay to my
map:
{'isBaseLayer': false, resolution : myBaseLayer.resolutions,
'maxResolution': myBaseLayer.resolutions[0]}

myBaseLayer have to add to the map before the other layers are added to get
the resolutions from myBaseLayer.

map.addLayer(world);

var eu = new OpenLayers.Layer.Image('Europe',
'maps/BlueMarble-Jan-Europe.png',
    new OpenLayers.Bounds(-13, 33, 65, 72),
    new OpenLayers.Size(0,0), //Size only needed if no resolutions declared
    {'isBaseLayer': false, resolution : world.resolutions, 'maxResolution':
world.resolutions[0]}
);

Then your layers should be availible as the baselayer.

To add options to your layer you have to use { key0: value0, key1 : value1 }

One hint : reduce the image size, your images have 5MB! to get better

Arnd Wippermann