[OpenLayers-Users] Z-index of layers

Subha Ramakrishnan subha at gslab.com
Thu Jan 29 08:13:22 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am facing some problem with the z-index of point layers. (a layer with
point features drawn using OpenLayers)
I've recently upgraded OpenLayers 2.5 to 2.7.
Now, when I try to load layers on a base map( Google physical) , the
z-indexes are not assigned sequentially in the order in which the layers
are added.
So, the layer that was added last has lesser z-index which makes the
features not accessible.

I tried setting the z-index of the layer using the setZIndex() method
for the layer. But the value gets reset.
I loop through the list of layers, and assign the z-index for the
non-base layers. [*map.layers[i].setZIndex(POPUPZINDEX- 1)*]

Can someone please tell me how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Regards,
Subha