[OpenLayers-Users] Alternative to http://t1.hypercube.telascience.org?

Eamorr eamonn at eamonnhynes.com
Sat Jun 6 07:58:52 EDT 2009

I've been using http://t1.hypercube.telascience.org as my
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.

I've got this line in my code:

var layer=new
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("OSM",["http://t1.hypercube.telascience.org/tiles?","http://t2.hypercube.telascience.org/tiles?","http://t3.hypercube.telascience.org/tiles?","http://t4.hypercube.telascience.org/tiles?"],
		{
			layers: 'osm-4326',
			format: 'image/png'
		});

It appears it's not as fast/reliable as I'd like. I was wondering if anyone
knew of any other map servers that I could use?

I'm considering running my own map server. I've downloaded the planet files
(6 gigs!) but I have no idea what to do now. Has anyone got any pointers?

Many thanks,

Eamorr