[OpenLayers-Users] Description attribute of KML file

mpele pmilanovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 02:02:24 EDT 2009

Excerpts from pmilanovic's message of Mon Jun 08 05:49:39 -0400 2009:

> Is it posible to read description attribute of KML file?

feature.attributes.description should do this.

/quote>

Is it possible to GML layer be a feature?

Maybe I wasn’t so precise, so

For example:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2">
  <Document>
    <name>Highlighted Icon</name>
    <description>Description of document</description>
    <Placemark>
        <name>Roll over this icon</name>
        <description>Description of placemar</description>
        …

I would like to read “Description of document”. I am able to read
“Description of placemar” with feature.attributes.description, but I don’t
know how to read description of document.