[OpenLayers-Users] Animated Zooming

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jun 9 09:21:51 EDT 2009

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:03:33AM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This might be more oriented to the dev list, but I can start here.
>>
>> I was just looking for the animated zoom feature and googling about
>> shows that ticket #442 was closed as wont fix and refers to #933.
>>
>> So we seem to have animated pan based on the tween function, but no
>> animated zoom. There is still Emanuel Schütze sandbox but that seems to
>> be very much out of date with respect to trunk. While draging the zoom
>> bar is cool, it is not needed if we could get just the image resize on
>> zoom so the map view port does not go blank waiting for new images to loads.
>
> Image resizing on zoom is implemented as the 'transitionEffect': 'resize'
> option on image layers.
>
>> Did I miss the example and docs for this?
>
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/transition.html
>
> http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer-js.html#OpenLayers.Layer.transitionEffect
>
>> Or has this been totally abandoned at this point for some reason?
>
> Nope.
>
> Regards,

Thank you, Sir,

I thought this had been implemented, but I looked all over for that last
night but couldn't find it.

BTW, in the examples I think I searched for "zoom" or "animated" and
this did not get listed in the examples. It would be nice to add these
as keywords for that example.

You guys are awesome - I love OpenLayers!

-Steve