[OpenLayers-Users] WMS 1.3.0 with Tiling problem

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Thu Jun 11 01:51:20 EDT 2009

Hi Sarawut,

With WMS 1.3.0 the order for coordinates has changed

&BBOX=lat0,lon0,lat1,lon1

instead with WMS 1.1.1

&BBOX=lon0,lat0,lon1,lat1

OpenLayers doesn't support WMS 1.3.0. The bbox-values have to be replaced as
above in the wms request.

The reason for your funny tiled map is, that you set the bounds like
lat0,lon0,lat1,lon1, but OL interpretes them as lon0, lat0, lon1, lat1 and
generates therefor the request for the wms tiles. If you set your bounds in
the right way, you get no tiles.

Arnd