[OpenLayers-Users] Theoretical client-side implementation

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Thu Jun 11 02:29:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

i would think, a clientside solution should be possible. It's possible to
change the display of features due to given attributes.

http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL26/examples/styles_unique_with_
group.html

The example has only a couple of features. I don't know, if there would be
performance problems with 400 features.

You can also look at

http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OL27Client/OL27ClientGis.asp?WMC=./data/WMC/
GML%20Wuppertal%20GeoPoints%20Singles.wmc.xml

It shows a couple of vector layers, that use always the same gml source (360
point features), only the applied rules for the feature styles are
different.

Arnd

  _____