[OpenLayers-Users] Google license

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jun 11 12:57:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:44:08AM -0500, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> I haven't had a chance to really dig into into the OL.Layer.Google
> code,

I would recommend that you do so before suggesting that OpenLayers is
doing something wrong, as your email seems to.

> but I was under the impression that it uses the static maps API
> to stitch titles together (I think I'm just making that assumption
> because it loads the static maps API when I use it).

Neither of these are true.

 1. OpenLayers makes no use of the static maps API.
 2. No client side stitching is done -- which would likely be against
    the ToS. All tiles are placed entirely by the Google Maps Javascript
    API.

> If that is the case, the example in Section 10.2 seems eerily
> explicit.

And since it's not, it's completely irrelevant.

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta