[OpenLayers-Users] Alignment Issue

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Jun 12 02:34:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:43 AM, Nicholas
Efremov-Kendall<n.e.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> (i.e. no epsg code attachted). I've tried the reprojection (but on the whole
> layer, I don't know if that will work) and all I get is a firebug error
> "sites.transform is not a function." Also, note that when I set the if (!
> map.getCenter) to the prsites layer it doesn't work.

You do not need to do sites.transform() manually, because the GML
layer will be reprojected properly the way you set it up.

> why does the projectionless GML file in OL show up in the wrong place,
> regardless of the EPSG code that I specify (i.e. why doesn't it move when I
> specify a different srs?)
> why does the projected GML file show up in exactly the sample place?
> How do I fix this?

Looks like you are not including proj4js.js in your application.
OpenLayers out of the box only knows about EPSG:4326 and EPSG:900913.

So all you should need to do is follow the instructions on [1] to set
up reprojection support for the EPSG codes you are using.

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Documentation/Dev/proj4js
[2] http://spatialreference.org/