[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers Ajax question

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:01:12 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've got a pretty simple Ajax function working on my page. Essentially, I
have a text field which fires ajax calls onkeyup, and when the results are
found, they get dumped into a div below. What I'd like to do, is have the
results of those searches simultaneously get dumped into the map. I've got
my head wrapped around how to get the php script to format the  querry into
Gml or alternatively WKT, but I'm not sure how to feed the data to the map
div and how to deal with the next set of points getting loaded. I was
thinking of chaining a function connected to the ajax request, something
like an add features script.

Has anyone done something like this or can someone suggest how to deal with
the response text?
best and thanks,
nick