[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers+FeatureServer, full edit

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jun 18 09:54:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

  I'm looking for a working/live example of OpenLayers+FeatureServer for
editing vector features (Insert/Delete/Update).  I currently use TinyOWS
to do so with GML/WFS-T and it's working great, but XML is slower than
JSON so I would like to switch to FeatureServer.

  A while ago, I tried FS for the first time but abandoned it since it
was a bit too complicated for me to make it work with OL :
  http://www.mail-archive.com/users@openlayers.org/msg07392.html

  Now, I back to the exact same problem.  I use OL 2.8-rc6 and FS 1.12
and try to use the layer.protocol.commit([features]); to
Insert/Update/Delete but I always get Internal server errors 500 on U
and D.  Inserts works though.

  So, I'm wondering if someone has already tried what I'm trying to do
and is willing to show me a live example of it.  I don't want to be a
bother with too many questions.  An example should give me a lot of answers.

  Meanwhile, I'll continue to work on my demo to make it short, simple
and live soon hoping it will help me get some aid.

  Many thanks,

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears