[OpenLayers-Users] How to show "nothing" when a tile is not found with TileCache

Linde Ackermans roselinda.ackermans at ec.europa.eu
Tue Jun 23 09:00:41 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I defined my layers with OpenLayers.TileCache

f.i.
	var l1= new OpenLayers.Layer.TileCache("xxx",
            ["http://xx.xx.xx.xx/tilecache/cache/",
             "l1",
             {scales: Scales, resolutions: Resolutions,
              buffer:0, format:"image/png", isBaseLayer:false},
             );

Say I have a base layer l0, extent = europe.
I want to overlay l1, but this layer only contains detailed information on
capital cities, on a very high scale.
I do not want to make a cache for layer l1 for the whole extent of the base
layer ( would be too much ), but only for a few selected rectangles.
How can I do this ? How can I show "nothing" for tiles not found ? ( Or an
empty tile which is transparent ? )
Thanks for any help.
Linde