[OpenLayers-Users] WFS format problem

Balázs Bámer bamerbalazs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 14:53:47 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to write a small example with WFS attribute search. I use
OpenLayers 2.8 (non-minified), I've tried under Firefox 3.0.6 with
Firebug 1.3.3 The problem is in file OpenLayers/Protocol/WFS/v1.js in
lines 154-156:

154 var data = OpenLayers.Format.XML.prototype.write.apply(
155 this.format, [this.format.writeNode("wfs:GetFeature", options)]
156 );

in this stack frame, this.format is of type OpenLayers.Format.GML as
I've created it. As I enter function writeNode in line 155, I find
myself in

678 writeNode: function(name, obj, parent) {
679 var prefix, local;
680 var split = name.indexOf(":");
681 if(split > 0) {
682 prefix = name.substring(0, split);

which is in file OpenLayers.Format.XML.js instead of GML. Here, in line

692 var child = this.writers[prefix][local].apply(this, [obj]);

the execution stops because this.writers[prefix] is undefined.

To use the example, copy D5WRJ105 in the lower form and hit the Keres button.

What is the problem?

thank you in advance, best regards: Balázs