[OpenLayers-Users] WFS extractAttributes on GML Format

HKChad forums at 2kgt.com
Fri Jun 26 16:52:42 EDT 2009

I'm trying to rewrite some code I have using the Vector Layer, WFS Protocol
and GML Format. All was going well until I tried to extract the GML
Attributes. I keep getting the error "this.writers[prefix][local] is
undefined" in XML.js on line 692 (from 2.8).

A small sample is provided,

                var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
                    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX({
						resFactor: 1,
						ratio: 1
					})],
                    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
						url: "http://webservices.ionicsoft.com/worldData/wfs/WORLD",
						maxFeatures: 200,
						featureType:"Airport",
						featureNS: "http://www.ionicsoft.com/wfs",
						geometryName: "GEOM",
						format: new OpenLayers.Format.GML({
							extractAttributes: true,
							//featureNS: "http://www.ionicsoft.com/wfs",
							//featurePrefix: 'gml',
							layerName: "Airport",
							geometryName: "GEOM"
						})
                    })
                });

It seems as though writers is just a property in XML.js and is defined in
GML/Base.js so I"m not sure what the problem is. Ideas?

Thanks,
Chad