[OpenLayers-Users] Printing in IE6

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Mon Jun 29 09:31:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

IE6 cannot handle transparency of 24bit PNGs without an alpha hack,
and this alpha hack only works for the browser view.

If your layers all come from the same server, you can create one map
image that contains all your map layers. This is just one of the
solutions that are described in detail at [1].

Regards,
Andreas.

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Printing

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:22 PM, <jim.meyer at concept-solutions.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

>    I have been trying to figure out why when I print in IE6 using the native
> browser javascript print() method that only the top layer of my map
> displays.  My map is comprised of tiled PNGs.  The screen renders the map
> properly.  It is only the printed version of the map that isn’t working.
>

>   Just an FYI… at this point upgraded to later versions of IE isn’t a
> possibility.
>

> Thanks,
> Jim
>

> James B. Meyer