[OpenLayers-Users] OL Map setcenter problem with IE

Emmanuele Sordini emmanuele.sordini at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 05:17:32 EST 2009

Dear All
I am a new ML member and a recent OL user.

Presently I'm faced with a very nasty problem that only happens with
Internet Explorer (Firefox works ok). I'm using OL Map to render a map
which uses Google Streets; I'm using the latest stable release (2.7).

My init() function ends as follows:

        var mapCenter = new OpenLayers.LonLat(0, 0);
        map.setCenter(mapCenter, 1);

which would mean to fit the whole planisphere in the map. But when it
is rendered, only the upper left quadrant is visible, whereas the rest
is completely blank, as if the map (0,0) lon/lat point were associated
with the div's top left corner instead of its center. Curiously
enough, if I slightly "nudge" the map with the mouse, it "flickers" or
"jumps" for a moment and gets rendered correctly.

Any help on this issue, which as been haunting me for a few days now,
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Emmanuele Sordini