[OpenLayers-Users] How to change the default-style of a point WFS-object?

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Fri Mar 6 09:01:51 EST 2009

Dear list,

I have got a question how to change the default colour of a point-wfs-symbol.

In the moment I try:

     var my_style = new OpenLayers.StyleMap({"default": new
 OpenLayers.Style({
                "externalGraphic":"marker-blue.png",
                 "graphicOpacity":1,
                 "graphicXOffset":-8,
                 "graphicYOffset":-8,
                 "graphicWidth":16,
                 "graphicHeight":16,
                 "strokeLinecap":"round",
                 "strokeOpacity":0,
                "fillOpacity":0,
                 "pointRadius":23})
            });

var my_wfs= new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( "small_wfs",
   {Typename: 'gastronomie_wfs',maxfeatures: 100, styleMap: my_style,extractAttributes:true}

);

The wfs-layer is visualized but still with these default orange-points.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?
And where can I find the file for the default-layout?

Thank you very much in advance, Kai