[OpenLayers-Users] Search possible with OpenLayers?

Asle Benoni asle.benoni at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:12:06 EDT 2009

Hello,
I am getting things to work with Openlayers now. So I can show layers, turn
them on and off, navigate etc.
But now I am putting together a map where some of the layers contain certain
information I want to do a search on. In my PostgreSQL database the table
includes gis data but also other fields. I.ex. I display some locations and
I want to be able to

- search for locations
- when mouse hovers over a location the user gets a popup with a link so he
can download a PDF with information about the location

Is this possible with OpenLayers or do I have to go on to another framework
like MapFish, MapBender, ExtJS etc. In that case does anyone have something
to suggest?

Thanks for any advice!

/asle