[OpenLayers-Users] How the OL MapGuide layer class relates to the MapDefinition

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Sat Mar 14 20:58:43 EDT 2009

Dear all

My application includes 20 overlay layers using the OpenLayers MapGuide
layer class. To achieve this I have created 20 MapDefinitions inside
MapGuide; each of these MapDefinitions points to precisely one
LayerDefinition.

I feel slightly uneasy about having this number of MapDefinitions. Since I
need to create a session to use the MapGuide layer class, I need to create
20 maps in each session per user and I'm concerned that this is quite heavy.

I have two questions:
1. Am I worrying unduly about creating 20 maps per session?
2. Is there a way to configure the OpenLayers MapGuide layer class to point
to a specific LayerDefinition inside a MapDefinition?

If the answer to Q2 is yes then I can switch to one map per session that
contains 20 layers.

Thanks
Stuart