[OpenLayers-Users] Caching of layer source

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 15 17:50:54 EDT 2009

How long does the source of an rss layer get cached?

I'm loading markers through OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS and I find that whatever I
do to the rss file, it always displays the markers found in the first version of
the file. In Firefox 3, it even seems to be persistent after I close Firefox and
start it again. IE 6 only keeps it while it's open.
I also don't see the file being fetched in the apache logs. Only when it's
really being fetched (like the first time in IE).
The custom icons are being fetch every time you load the page (either with HTML
304 if you do a normal reload or 200 if you do CTRL-reload).

Is there a way to load the rss file at least on a force reload?

Maarten