[OpenLayers-Users] How the OL MapGuide layer class relates to the MapDefinition

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Mon Mar 16 08:50:25 EDT 2009

Hmm. Can I not use the "showLayers" and "hideLayers" options in the OL
MapGuide layer constructor? Presumably I could then set up 20 OL MG layers
pointing to a single MapDefinition that contains my 20 layers, defining
which to show/hide.

I'm creating a MapGuide runtime map, returning the session ID to the client,
so in addition I need to return the layer GUIDs. The question is, how do I
get these GUIDs?