[OpenLayers-Users] RE : Measure Control - get distance on mouse move

RFeagin ryan.feagin at PEACHTREEGEOGRAPHICS.COM
Thu Mar 19 12:47:11 EDT 2009

Unless I'm missing something, that looks exactly like what I'm already doing
and gets me an updated distance each time the user clicks to add another
point to the polyline.  What I'm looking for is to get the distance to the
current mouse location (without having to click to add the current
location).  The drawing of the polyline already tracks the cursor location
because it is drawing the line as you move the mouse.

So the user will click to create the starting point and as they move their
mouse, the distance will update.  Clicking again will still add another
point to the polyline.  The only difference is using the current cursor
location as a 'moving' point at the end of the polyline to give a 'real
time' distance.