[OpenLayers-Users] Adding Text to map.... possible?

plen peteralen at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 19 20:16:53 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am using the OpenLayers drawing controls to add points, lines, and
polygons.  Our customer would like to also add text to the map, in addition
to the other objects.  This would allow the user to add some text (ex.
"Drive straight on this road") and place it on the map (pin it to a geo
coordinate).  I have not seen anything that would indicate that this is
possible but I wanted to throw it out there to see if I may have missed a
possible solution.

Thanks - Peter