[OpenLayers-Users] MapFish printing?

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Sun Mar 22 15:40:17 EDT 2009

A colleague showed me MapFish a while back, and what has really caught
my eye lately is the printing capability. The printing process which
I've posted to the Wiki is extremely slow; but MapFish's is very fast.
But I don't speak Java so I can't reverse engineer it to see how they
made it so fast!

Does anybody here know enough Java to either adapt MapFish's printing
stuff to PHP or Python or even Perl, or to explain to me how they do it
so fast?

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security