[OpenLayers-Users] VML lines under IE8

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 24 13:03:21 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I know that IE8 is not fully supported yet, but I'd like to know if someone
has already experienced a similar problem: I have a page which draw routes
using VML on my OL map. Under IE8, the route is drawed at the wrong position
and i think it isn't the right width. When I pan on the map, the line move
properly (following the map, but still at the wrong position) and it is
automatically redrawed at the same place that it was. Obviously, if i set the
browser compatibility to IE7, everything works.

Something that is strange... is that I have another page that use VML and the
routes are drawed properly.

Any hint on what could be the problem or where should I check now ? I've also
tried to remove almost all CSS and doesn't seem to work.

Regards,
Alan