[OpenLayers-Users] Configure ProxyHost and KML files

Asle Benoni asle.benoni at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:50:55 EDT 2009

Hello,
I am new to OpenLayers.  I have made a Feature Set  in GeoServer and
when I click on Demo and show my map it downloads a KMZ file. I am not
sure if this is correct but I can view it in Google Earth just fine.

I am trying to serve a KML file from GeoServer but in FireBug I see:
Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012

How do I configure OpenLayers prox.cgi to make things work?

This is the OpenLayers code:

map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("KML", "http://naturkart.no:8080/geoserver/wms/kml?layers=kulturminner_ns:gravminne
",
                {