[OpenLayers-Users] TMS and mobile browser

Adorian Ardelean mynature at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:03:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to know if somebody has experience on using a TMS layer with OL
on mobile phones. I have managed in a tiny application to call a python
script for getting GPS data. And I would like to combine this with OL for
navigation and data collection in the field (in this setting no Internet
connection is needed) . The code I am using for displaying a TMS layer in
OL, works great on PC (no errors in firebug) but does not load tiles in
Nokia's Internet browser (MWS). The tiles are stored on phone card and
connection is "local". So it should not be an issue of connection. Layer
switcher is visible, mouse position control works... What shall I do to
convince OL to render the tiles also on mobile phone actually? Any hint is
greatly appreciated or at least somebody please tell me "it should work"
I've done it.

Has somebody tried to distill OL to a minimal installation for mobile
phones? Through minimal I understand all js that actually works in this
environment (i.e. without vector layers).

All the best,
Adorian