[OpenLayers-Users] resolution mismatch between OpenLayers and Geowebcache

ajayravichandran ajayr.email at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:05:16 EDT 2009

A tile size of 512 X 512 is a last option that I want to  consider.

I was hoping the caching mechanism would still work with a 256 X 256 tile size, but without the issue of the zoom going past the maxExtent defined. Just wondering if this is a known issue (maybe it's a dumb question :-) ... i dont understand the workings of OpenLayers that well right now.  )

Regards

Ajay

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:20:04PM -0700, ajayravichandran wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am working on integrating a web mapping application with OpenLayers and GeoWebCache. I have followed all the procedure and have all the caching functionality working with Openlayers perfectly , except for a small eccentric issue
>
> I have a map div that is 557 X 557px wide.
>
> The issue is that my default zoom level of 0 which is nothing but my max Extent on an non geowebcached map, now corresponds to zoom level of 1 on a geowebcached map with tile size of 256. So I am able to go another zoom level down which gives me a square centered map image of 256 px wide in the center of my 557 X 557 div with white space surrounding it to fill in the rest of the 557 px. This is something which i dont want to happen.

What do you want to have happen? I'm assuming you want 512px by 512px of
tiles -- 4 of them, in other words?

-- Chris

> When looking through the code for geowebcache and OpenLayers i noticed that geowebcache maintains a resolution array corresponding with a tile width of 256. OpenLayers also maintains the resolution array as geowebcache does but when rendering the map, the calculateBounds() function uses the div width of 557 to calculate the extents which messes up my map.
>
> Has anyone ever come across a similar issue while working with geowebcache and openlayers
>
> I have set displayOutsideMaxExtent to false, i have set both maxResolution and zoomLevel as arguments
>
> BTW, the same things happens in the geowebcache/demo thats comes along with geowebcache admin util.
>
> Could anyone help me out on this?
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ajay Ravichandran

Christopher Schmidt