[OpenLayers-Users] International date line and bounds

Craig Stanton c.stanton at niwa.co.nz
Thu Mar 26 18:23:06 EDT 2009

Hi Ryan,
    I think that example is showing how to wrap a layer, which I guess I'll need later, but what I'm stuck with now is that my map won't move beyond that boundary, presumably because the MaxExtent is incorrect. In the example code no extends are set and scrolling seems fine, but when I leave MaxExtent off I get stuck at (0,0) and can't move the map around.

~Craig

On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Craig Stanton wrote:

> I'm trying to display points centered around New Zealand, some of
> which are on the other side of the -180/180 line. Therefore I'd like
> to set the bounds of my OpenLayers map to go from 0 to 360 instead
> of -180 to 180, or better yet, have no bounds at all and let people
> move the map as they see fit.

See:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wrapDateLine.html

Also, in order to quickly support full wrap around in a seamless
manner with non-WMS data, I took the brute force approach of drawing
my data multiple times at +/-360 offsets.

Cheers,
Ryan