[OpenLayers-Users] Why my map doesn't move fluidly?

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:46:50 EDT 2009

There are of course many factors to consider. But here are my two
cents on what I think is the most common causes:

The performance is affected alot by the number of image-overlays (like
wms), even "only" 3 layers. This is especially true for IE. I don't
think that this is affected by tiling or not.

Also I've noticed that the mouse position control is affecting IE
quite a bit also, IE probably doesn't like updating the div each
mousemove event. I dream of an option "updateDelay" or similar in that
control. But then again I could code it, not dream it.

/Björn