[OpenLayers-Users] transitionEffect for WFS layer possible?

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Mar 27 16:59:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/3/27 Kris Geusebroek <kgeusebroek at xebia.com>:
> I had a WMS layer with a transitionEffect = resize which gave a good user
> experience since the layer is refreshed in a certain timelimit.
>
> Now I have changed this to a WFS layer (because I need to add functionality
> to a feature like a popup onHover)
>
> But now the refreshing is causing a blinking effect.
> Is it possible to have the transitionEffect on a WFS layer (in IE) in any
> way?

Not as transitionEffect option. What you could do, however, would be
to create your WFS layer twice, but display only one at a time. Your
workflow would be something like:

 * layer1 on, layer2 off
 * turn layer 2 on, refresh layer 2, wait a sec or so, turn layer 1 off
 * layer1 off, layer2 on
 * turn layer 1 on, refresh layer 1, wait a sec or so, turn layer 2 off

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar