[OpenLayers-Users] Just a simple php script instead of WFS server ?

darrepac pascal.darre at laposte.net
Mon Mar 30 17:07:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have an openlayers loading a GeoJson file locally (=on client side).
This file is heavy and I want to avoid to load it locally.

The perfect solution would probably be a WFS server to serve my features but I would prefer a lighter and easier solution (I am lost in tool like Geoserver and just get the feeling that it is too big for me and my usage).

Is there not a way to build a small php script to serve my features from the GeoJson or GML and read in Openlayers through OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP ?
Such php script, on server side, should implement the maxfeatures and/or bbox query in order to load just the needed features.

Does such php script (or very very very simple WFS server) exist?

thanks