[OpenLayers-Users] Just a simple php script instead of WFS server ?

darrepac pascal.darre at laposte.net
Tue Mar 31 05:25:23 EDT 2009

Hi Matt,

That's what I am willing to do.
But to be honest your demo is very slow to load :)

I already have all my features in a mYSQL database and I can query them by coordinates etc (don't know the speed anyway) in order to use the BBOX and maxfeatures elements.

But how do I call my PHP script with openlayers. Typically Matt, I do not see in your example the call to aiports.php with associated parameters

thanks

I've had a need to recently do just that. I just create a GeoJSON object and
pass those values into an OpenLayers.Layer.Vector I've got an example that
you can view here:

http://mkgeomatics.com/apps/ajax_dev/checkbox_form.html

Here is an example output of a PHP script generating geoJSON from a MySQL
Database

http://mkgeomatics.com/apps/ajax_dev/gis/scripts/airports.php

Take care,
Matt

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Heidt, Christopher M. <
CHRISTOPHER.M.HEIDT at saic.com> wrote:

> Yes, I and many others do this very thing.
> You just need to get the data in a format reconizable to openlayers, and
> then insert it.
> There are many combinations of ways to do this.
> For one of my apps I fetch wkt and use openlayers wtk parser to convert
> those into features
> and then its as simple as layer.addFeatures(myFeatures)

m a t t h e w k e n n y
http://www.mkgeomatics.com