[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature Control

djud djud at bas.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 07:22:29 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a simple task; I'm trying to highlight a vector feature when the mouse hovers over it.

I've followed as best I can the example, "SelectFeature Control on Layer.Vector", but a hover does not change the feature's line colour in my app. The relevant code is below, I'm using the latest version of OpenLayers (2.7), can anyone see where I've gone wrong.

Any help appreciated,
Dave

function addSurvey()
   {
   //Add survey vector layer
   var surveyLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Survey");

   //Construct a linear feature for each survey line
   var features = [];
   for(var i in data.features)
      {
      var point = [];
      var coords = data.features[i].geometry.coordinates;
      for(var j in coords)
         {
         point.push(new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(coords[j][0], coords[j][1]));
         }

      features.push(new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(new OpenLayers.Geometry.LineString(point), null, {strokeColor: "#00ffff", strokeWidth: 2, hoverStrokeColor: "#ff0000", hoverStrokeWidth: 2}));
      }

   //Add features to layer and layer to map
   map.addLayer(surveyLayer);
   surveyLayer.addFeatures(features);

   //Add a hover feature select control
   ctrlHover = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(surveyLayer,
      {
      multiple: false,
      hover: true,
      toggleKey: "ctrlKey", // ctrl key removes from selection
      multipleKey: "shiftKey" // shift key adds to selection
      });

   map.addControl(ctrlHover);
   ctrlHover.activate();