[OpenLayers-Users] removeFeatures + Cluster Strategy

Heidtmare CHRISTOPHER.M.HEIDT at saic.com
Tue Mar 31 17:00:59 EDT 2009

first i do this:

function _createFeatures(records)
	{
		var features = [];
		var wktFormat = new OpenLayers.Format.WKT({
			externalProjection: _map.displayProjection,
			internalProjection: _map.projection
		});
		Ext.each(records, function(record){
			var feature = wktFormat.read(record.get('featureGeom'));
			feature.id = record.get('featureId');
			features.push(feature);
		});
		_featureLayer.addFeatures(features);
	}
and it works great.

later i do this:

_featureLayer.removeFeatures(_featureLayer.features);

and my feature clusters disappear as expected...until i change my zoom level, then they all come back.
how do i kill the clusters once and for all!