[OpenLayers-Users] WFS OpenLayers.ProxyHost Tomcat 5.5

stash st.sonstiges at web.de
Mon Nov 2 03:09:43 EST 2009

Hello,
I want so show my map with a OpenLayers.Layer.WFS. Therefore I did the same
as in the openlayers examples to show data with a WFS. But in my case, it
doesn't work.

After some reading in the internet i found out, that I have to configure a
OpenLayers.ProxyHost to show the data with a WFS.

In the examples I always found this type of code:
OpenLayers.ProxyHost="/proxy/?url=";

What does that mean? Furthermore I found out, that I have to configure more,
when I use Tomcat.

In my case I use a Server with Tomcat 5.5 installed and Geoserver to connect
to WFS

http://IP:PORT/geoserver/wfs

What do I have to configure that I can show my data on Map over WFS.

(Sorry for my english, it is not the best)

Regards
stash